Friday 6 February 2015

Ladybird Books
at the De La Warr Pavilion


Two favourite things! Vintage Ladybird Books and the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill! Bexhill is just along the coast so we popped over last weekend to see the new Ladybird exhibition. It is well worth a visit. There is a great selection of original artwork. It's free too!!

 I am especially drawn to the books that take me back to my childhood. The quilted anoraks, Start-Rite shoes and Spangles (sweets)!

I can almost smell my primary school when I look at these pictures! One not so great memory was the little bottle of warm milk we had to drink every morning! 




2 comments:

  1. I remember all those things, it's funny but I didn't think you were of an age to remember those things, don't know why? I imagine you being much younger :) Ladybird books have such a uniqueness, is that a word? I remember the warm milk, loved it, and Parmena cheese biscuits to go with it, you could buy for a penny (old
    penny) Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, Thanks for your comment. Ladybird books take me back to my seventies childhood. I don't remember Parmena cheese biscuits!

    ReplyDelete